In February 2011, our church building was badly damaged by the earthquake that devastated our city. It was “yellow stickered”, which meant that it could not be occupied for its intended use, and required significant repairs to be restored to a standard that means it can be used for worship and our weekly and community activities.
Below are pictures from our rebuild process.
The rebuild is now complete. We look forward to seeing you some time.
- On Monday 24 August 2015, 4 and a half years since we last worshipped in this building, the demolition has begun!
- We’re excited to share that our building consent was approved at the beginning of September 2015
- Another exciting milestone: the building contract with Grace Builders was signed at our meeting on Tuesday 15 September 2015
- Our foundations started being laid the week of Monday 21 September 2015
- Our first service in the new building was held at 5pm on Sunday 21 August 2016
- Our official opening was held on Saturday 17 September 2016
- Architect: BSM GROUP Architects Ltd
- Demolition: Graceworks Demolition & Recycling
- Construction: Grace Builders Ltd