Saturday 22 June 2019
Cultivate is a conference aimed at encouraging, challenging and equipping people to grow in their faith and knowledge of God by studying his word and also cultivating relationships between young adults from different churches.
We have aimed this at the age category of 20-35-year-olds with a bit of leeway either way. If you’re not quite in that age category but still want to come, you can!
Our speakers will speak on the topic of cultivating personal quiet time and bible study.
Throughout the day, we will have three different speaker slots. There will also be time set aside for singing, personal reflection and small group discussion as well of food.
Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner will be provided.
These are the speakers and topics:
- Pastor David Waldron from the Reformed Church of Christchurch will speak on the importance of growth of a Christian.
- Pastor Dirk van Garderen, a retired minister from the RCNZ, will lead a practical session speaking about different methods of Bible study.
- Pastor Albert Couperus from the Reformed Church of Rangiora will speak on Prayer.
Alongside learning from our speakers, we are also excited about encouraging and building relationships between our young adults from different churches in order to give us the opportunity to encourage each other and spur each other on.
Sometimes in our individual churches, it can feel like we are struggling with things on our own. Yet we are part of a much bigger community of the saints who all serve the same God. We can be such an encouragement to one another.
On Sunday, we will have our normal church service at 10.30 am, followed by a shared lunch. You are more than welcome to join us!
Some practical notes:
- Accommodation: We would love to provide out of towners with accommodation. Let us know when you enrol and we will organise it!
- Childcare: If finding childcare is proving difficult for you, let us know and we will see what we can do for you!
Come along to be encouraged and to encourage others within our churches!
Looking for Payment Details? (Internet Banking Transfer)
Please put your name as a reference!
* $15 for singles
* $28 for couples
Sign up here (or below)
Want to contact us?
Email us at email@example.com
Share our Facebook event and help spread the word by indicating you’re attending!